- The Unit Titles Act 2010 (replacing the Unit Titles Act 1972) came into force on the 20th of June 2011:
The purpose of this Act is to provide a legal framework for the ownership and management of land and associated buildings and facilities on a socially and economically sustainable basis by communities of individual owners.
- The Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment has published general information, a Guide, Information Sheets and Templates on the new Unit Titles Act 2010 at:
- Many Websites offer advice when considering buying an apartment. To find these simply Google 'buying an apartment'.
Health & Safety:
- Work Safe have several areas on their web site to assist people to understand their duties and responsibilities.
- The new Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and 2016 Regulations can be viewed at:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
- Health and Safety at Work (General Risk and Workplace Management) Regulations 2016 / 16
- Health & Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016
Other useful links:
- Wellington City Council Property Search
- Land Information New Zealand (LINZ)
- Real Estate Authority (REA)
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MoBIE)
- Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) - Body Corporate
- HOBANZ Guide to Bodies Corporate